Joanne Vargas-Velasco, DMD
At Greyling Dental in San Diego, California, Dr. Joanne Vargas-Velasco provides quality general dentistry care, including cosmetic dental services. She is a San Diego native and has been in practice for over eleven years. At her practice, Dr. Vargas-Velasco enjoys using her extensive knowledge of general dentistry to provide exceptional care to patients from all walks of life.
She received her undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego, before completing her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree through Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. After earning her dental degree, Dr. Vargas-Velasco also completed an Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) residency at Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Following her graduation from dental school and residency, Dr. Vargas-Velasco enrolled in several rigorous postgraduate training programs, including a functional aesthetics program and a comprehensive aesthetic and restorative residency. This training allows her to provide our patients with the most up-to-date cosmetic dentistry services.
Dr. Vargas-Velasco believes that patients are more than just names on a medical chart. She understands that each patient has unique needs and concerns, and each patient deserves a dentist who will provide plenty of one-on-one time during appointments.
At her practice, Dr. Vargas-Velasco works hard to ensure that her patients get all their questions answered so they can feel confident about the treatment path they’ve chosen. She never rushes patients through their appointments. Her patients’ comfort is always the top concern.
Dr. Vargas-Velasco enjoys having in-depth conversations with patients about how they can improve their health through top-quality dental care. She believes that comprehensive dental care allows patients to live longer, healthier lives, and she seeks to provide that care to every patient who enters her practice.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in biochemistry cell biology from the University of California, San Diego
- Doctor of Dental Medicine from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) residency from Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York
Since finishing her DMD, she has completed several advanced, postgraduate training programs:
- Functional Aesthetics Program 1-3 through the Hornbrook Center for Dentistry (2014 – 2015)
- Over the Shoulder Veneer Course through the Hornbrook Center for Dentistry (2014)
- Spear Education and Study Club Member (2015 – present)
- Esthetic Professionals Comprehensive Esthetic and Restorative Residency (2016 – 2017)
- Esthetic Professionals Advanced Fixed Prosthodontic Residency (2017 – 2018)
- Aesthetic Advantage Cosmetic Dental Program (2018)
“Continuing education is essential if I’m to provide patients with comprehensive dentistry. I want to deliver care that helps patients keep their mouths healthy for their lifetimes and enables them to begin each day with a smile they’ll share with confidence!” – Dr. Vargas-Velasco
About Our Office
Our dentist and team are committed to caring for your oral health. We offer bilingual dental care in San Diego, California, offering services in English and Spanish. Call Greyling Dental at 858-292-1155 to set up your dental appointment with our friendly team today.
To learn more about the rest of our team, click here.